Dr. Denis Usvyat« Zurück
|Since Sept 2004||Postdoc / University of Regensburg / Prof. M. Schütz
Developing periodic post-Hartree-Fock methods using AO basis set and density fitting approximation ⇒ CRYSCOR project.
Teaching activities: Lectures and exercises in Theoretical chemistry and Solid State Physics, practicum in Computational Chemistry and Programming.
|Jun 2004 - Sept 2004||Postdoc / University of Stuttgart / Dr. M. Schütz
Development of a method for generating ultralocalized nonorthogonal Wannier functions
|May 2004||Ph.D. degree in Theoretical Physics / Department of Physics, St-Petersburg State University, St-Petersburg, Russia / Prof. V. P. Smirnov
Dissertation title: "Localized Wannier functions in crystals: symmetry, construction, application."
|2001- May 2004||Research Assistant / St-Petersburg State University, St-Petersburg, Russia / Prof. R. A. Evarestov
Developed a method for chemical bonding analysis based on atomic-type Wannier functions
|1998-2003||Research Assistant / A.F. Ioffe Physico-Technical Institute, St-Petersburg, Russia / Prof. A.A. Kaplyanskii
Calculated structural, vibrational and dielectric properties of perovskites.
Theoretically investigated the structural disorder in opal-type photonic crystals and its influence on the diffractional properties and photonic band structure.
|1998-2001||Teaching/Research Assistant / St-Petersburg State Institute of Fine Mechanics and Optics, St-Petersburg, Russia / Prof. V. P. Smirnov
Developed a variational symmetry-oriented approach for constructing of localized orbitals in periodic systems (Wannier functions).
Teaching activities: Lectures and exercises in Mathematics and Theoretical Physics.
|1998||Diploma in Theoretical Physics / St-Petersburg State Institute of Fine Mechanics and Optics, St-Petersburg, Russia / Prof. V. P. Smirnov|
- 2008, Seminar, University of Torino, Torino, Italy
- 2007, Colloquium "Wissenschaflicher Nachwuchs in Chemie", University of Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
- 2007, Workshop "Local Correlation Methods: From Molecules to Crystals", Dresden, Germany
- 2007, Seminar, St. Petersburg State University, St-Petersburg, Russia
- 2007, Seminar, A.F. Ioffe Physico-Technical Institute, St. Petersburg, Russia
- 2007, Colloquium "Recent Advances in Computational Chemistry", University of Torino, Torino, Italy
- 2006, Seminar, Max-Planck-Institut für Physik komplexer Systeme, Dresden, Germany
- 2004, V.A. Fock School on Quantum and Computational Chemistry, Novgorod, Russia
- Quantum chemical methods for periodic systems
- Local correlation methods
- Photonic crystals